The Securities Industry Essentials (SIE Exam or Essentials Exam) is a new FINRA exam for prospective securities industry professionals. This introductory-level exam assesses a candidate’s knowledge of basic securities industry information including concepts fundamental to working in the industry, such as types of products and their risks; the structure of the securities industry markets, regulatory agencies and their functions; and prohibited practices.
Passing the Essentials exam alone does not qualify an individual for registration with a FINRA member firm or to engage in securities business. In order to become registered to engage in securities business, an individual must pass the Essentials exam and a qualification exam appropriate for the type of business the individual will engage in, such as the Series 7 or Series 6. In addition, candidates must also take a state licensing exam (Series 63 or Series 66). The individual must be associated with a member firm to take a qualification exam.
The SIE Exam is a 75-questions and candidates are given 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the test. It is a multiple choice exam and the passing grade is 70.
To view the Securities Industry Essentials Course Outline, click here
Securities Industry Essentials Course Textbook
SIE Course Textbook with chapter and final exams.
About the SIE Exam book:
The Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam License Book is a 460 page book which was developed by Empire Stockbroker Training Institute. Because we understand your frustration, our Securities Industry Essentials Manual is written in plain English with shorter paragraphs and is focused on the FINRA SIE Exam content with no unnecessary fluff. Key features:
- Updated for 2019
- Comprehensive – The Securities Industry Essentials Course Textbook is complete and easy to understand
- Diagrams – These not only help make studying more enjoyable they also help you visualize difficult concepts
- Notes and Tips – Key points mixed throughout the chapters to emphasize important ideas
- Chapter Exams – Multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter with detailed explanations
- Final Exams – Four 75-question SIE practice exams with detailed explanations
SIE Book Sample Pages:
All books were created by Steven M. Rice and Rueben Martinez