Below you will find some free Series 6 Exam practice questions. Remember, since the exam changed in October of 2018, the SIE Exam is a co-requisite, meaning you must take and pass both. Anyway, the Series 6 (Series 6 Top Off) practice questions below will give you an idea of the types of questions you will see when taking the real exam. At the end of the practice test, you’ll find an answer key. Good luck…
10 Series 6 Practice Questions
1) Which of the following is the safest investment company?
A. Government bond fund
B. Municipal bond fund
C. Money market fund
D. Specialized fund
2) The amount of money that an individual receives upon cancellation of an insurance policy is the:
B. Death benefit
C. Cash value
D. Separate account
3) All of the following are true about mutual fund spread load contractual plans EXCEPT:
A. The maximum sales charge is 9% over the life of the plan
B. The customer is entitled to receive a full refund of sales charges if canceling within the first 18 months of the contract
C. The fund is allowed to charge up to 20% in any of the first four years as long as the average charge does not exceed 16%
D. The investor has the opportunity to reinvest any distributions received at the NAV
4) Regular way settlement for corporate bonds is:
A. One business day after the trade date
B. Two business days after the trade date
C. Five business days after the trade date
D. Seven business days after the trade date
5) If a mutual fund wishes to change itself into a closed-end investment company, which of the following is necessary?
A. A majority vote of shareholders
B. A majority vote of shares
C. A unanimous vote by the Board of Directors
D. Both (B) and (C)
When taking the Series 6 Exam, be aware of key words in the questions like EXCEPT and NOT to help keep you from making careless mistakes.
6) Which of the following life insurance policies requires that money be deposited in a separate account?
A. Whole life
B. Variable life
C. Universal life
D. All of the above
7) Which of the following factors may be considered by a mutual fund issuer when choosing a brokerage firm to handle transactions?
A. The costs for services provided
B. The amount of shares of the mutual fund sold by the brokerage firm
C. Both (A) and (B)
D. Neither (A) nor (B)
8) If an investor cancels a variable life insurance policy within the first 24 months, any sales charges above what percentage of the first year’s payment must be refunded?
9) An investor sells 500 shares of ABC common stock at a loss. A week later, the same investor buys 2 ABC call options. Which of the following is true
A. The loss on the 200 shares is disallowed
B. The loss on the 300 shares is disallowed
C. The loss on the 500 shares is disallowed
D. The loss is unaffected
10) The redemption price of a mutual fund is:
A. The current offering price
B. The current net asset value
C. The next computed public offering price
D. The next computed net asset value
Answer Key: 1) C 2) C 3) B 4) B 5) B 6) B 7) A 8) C 9) A 10) D
Above is just a sampling of Series 6 practice questions. When purchasing our Series 6 Course Textbook, you will not only get the correct answers, but also detailed explanations. All books were created by Steven M. Rice and Rueben Martinez
Series 6 Course Textbook
Series 6 Course Textbook with chapter exams, final exams, and a glossary of Series 6 terms.
Order now and shipping is free!